Home » Expertis » Telecommunications, Media and Technology
Telecommunications, Media and Technology
I&D is currently the international council of the Egyptian Radio & Television Union. I&D is also the legal counsel of the Egyptian Satellite Company (NILESAT). This preeminent position in the media business puts I&D at the forefront of the media, production, broadcast and transmission expertise in Egypt. This position roots itself in the extensive experience that I&D has in the communication sector.
This experience includes:
- I&D represented a major multinational in the negotiations and drafting of it a project that was the bedrock in the development of the Egyptian telephone industry.
- I&D acted on behalf of NILESAT regarding a credit facility arranged by Coface for the financing of its next-generation satellite ordered from Thales Alenia Space and Arianespace. The satellite will be NILESAT largest well equipped with Ka-band transmission.
- I&D acted on behalf of an Egyptian ISP in selling its activity to Telecom Egypt.
- I&D was the local legal advisor for the arrangers in the intended privatization of Telecom Egypt in close co-ordination and co-operation with an international law firm. I&D conducted a due diligence review on the company’s documents, including real estate, litigation status, loan agreements, supply agreements, licensing agreements, interconnection agreements, and other relevant documents. I&D reviewed and drafted offer and listing documents for the local Public Offering.
- I&D advised an international telephone company on the Egyptian aspects of their New York Stock Exchange listing as well as the sale of their shares in an Egyptian telephone network operator.